Allia is delighted to announce the appointment of Robert Gray to its board of Trustees.
Robert has over 35 years’ experience in the international banking industry, having worked in London, New York and Tokyo for J.P. Morgan and HSBC. He was closely involved with the development of global capital markets – chairing both the International Primary Market Association and the regulatory policy committee at the International Capital Market Association. He also led the overseas promotion efforts for TheCityUK, which represents the UK financial and professional services globally.
Allia is an independent not-for-profit with a social mission, dedicated to helping impact organisations and initiatives to grow. The organisation’s finance arm, Allia Impact Finance, offers innovative social finance solutions to help charitable organisations create greater impact – including advice, listed and unlisted bonds. Since 1999, Allia has issued bonds that have raised over £285 million to help impact ventures with development projects and activities.
Robert was an early investor in charitable bonds, and has followed Allia’s development over the years with great interest. He says: “What has impressed me about Allia is its ability to innovate and adapt, acting as an agent for change in the evolving world of social investment. I am in no doubt that Allia will remain in the forefront of social impact finance as it becomes increasingly mainstream.”
Allia CEO, Tim Jones, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Robert Gray to our board of Trustees. A highly regarded international banking expert, Robert brings many years of financial experience and trusted knowledge with him, further strengthening a board well served with board level expertise in international industry, corporate and third sector leadership.”
Other Trustees on the Allia board include:
- Ram Gidoomal (Chair) CBE FIC FRSA is Chair of Stewardship Services (UKET) Ltd and Fair Trade pioneers Traidcraft plc and Traidcraft Exchange and CottonConnect Ltd
- Tim Jones – Chief Executive and Secretary of the Allia Group since 2002, and Deputy Chair, a Liveryman and Court Assistant at the Worshipful Company of International Bankers, and holds a number of other directorships including Treatt plc
- Mary Parsons – Group Director of Places for People, Trustee & Chair of the Town & Country Planning Association and Trustee of MOBI an educational charity encouraging innovation in housing design and delivery
- Charles Rosenmeyer was a partner in a firm of City lawyers for 35 years and has been associated with Allia for 20 years
- Helen Rosethorn is a Partner with the global management consultancy Prophet and has over 20 years of experience working with clients worldwide on the engagement of talent
- Rob Trimble is Chief Executive of the Bromley by Bow Centre. In 2016 he was named by the Sunday Times and Debretts as one of the 500 Most Influential People in the UK
- Philip Wright was a Partner at Pricewaterhouse Coopers, is on the board of Common Purpose, a charity and social enterprise in leadership development and on the Council of Goldsmiths University of London. He is chair of Beyond Food Foundation, a charity which seeks to motivate and inspire people who are at risk of or have experienced homelessness
Image: Robert Gray, left, shaking hands with Ram Gidoomal, Chair of the Allia board of trustees.
Allia is an independent not-for-profit with a social mission, dedicated to helping impact organisations and initiatives to grow. Allia supports those that aim to make positive change and address the most pressing global and local challenges: through flexible workspace, networking and community in its Future Business Centres (in Cambridge, London and Peterborough); its Serious Impact programme helping entrepreneurs to innovate, grow & scale their business; and social finance solutions to help charities create greater impact.